National Response Centre (NRC) is committed to protecting your privacy and to appropriately managing the personal information that we hold about you in accordance with the requirements of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
For specific information on the types of personal information that we collect about you and why we do this, you should read our Privacy Collection Statement.
Privacy Collection Statement
Your information is being collected by Origin Energy Retail Limited (ABN 22 078 868 425) of Level 45, 264 – 278 George Street, Sydney, New South Wales, trading as National Response Centre (us or we).
Our contact details are available on our Contact Us page or you can email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We collect, use and disclose your personal information (which includes your name, address, telephone and other contact details) in order to respond to your query and to provide assistance to you. This may involve providing call centre services to receive your request for assistance, dispatch services for responses to emergency and non-urgent faults that you report and the co-ordination of a response to your request for assistance. In some circumstances, we may also collect sensitive information about you or other people who reside at your service address (for example, if life support equipment is used at your service address).
We will normally collect your personal information directly from you, including when you contact us via telephone. We may collect personal information about you from third parties, but will take reasonable steps to ensure that you been made aware of the matters disclosed below. If you choose not to provide your personal information to us, we may not be able to answer your query or respond to your request for assistance in a timely manner (or at all).
In order to respond appropriately to your request for assistance, we may disclose your personal information to third parties, including our field maintenance contractors, call centre providers, your energy retailer, companies that manage the distribution of your energy and our other service providers.
Eligibility & access
The App is a mobile application for monitoring people and assets that NRC makes available to its current corporate customers (NRC Customers). The App is not designed or intended for personal, domestic or household purposes.
To be eligible to access and use the App:
- you must be a duly authorised officer, employee, contractor or agent of an NRC Customer;
- you will need a login (your email) and a password issued by an NRC Customer;
- you must download the App to a device that is compatible with the App. Compatibility includes;
◦ using the current or immediately previous version of the relevant operating system;
◦ being an unmodified device from a major manufacturer;
◦ an operating systems that is not rooted or jailbroken; and
- your device must have enabled and configured touch ID or passcode.
You are responsible for all actions taken by any person using the App with your login and password. You must maintain the confidentiality of your password and notify NRC immediately at email@example.com if you become aware of any unauthorised use of your App login and password.
Your use of the App
The App collects location data. You consent to us using such data and providing it to our third party providers in accordance with our privacy statements.
When you use the App, you must not:
- use the App for any unlawful purpose;
- access or use the App to build a similar or competitive service or application;
- create or impersonate another person or misrepresent your or their authority to act;
- introduce any viruses or other malicious code;
- undermine or attempt to undermine the security or integrity of the computing systems or networks relating to or associated with the App, NRC’s website or NRC’s IT system;
- attempt to gain, or allow others to gain, unauthorised access to such computing systems;
- attempt to decompile, or reverse-engineer any part of the App or to obtain unauthorised access to the App or portions of the App that are restricted from general access or which you do not have access to as a user;
- modify, translate, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer, copy or otherwise attempt to derive the source code of the App or create a derivative work of the App; or
- transmit any material in violation of law or rights of any person, including material that is spam, material that is direct marketing, material protected by copyright, material that is threatening or obscene, material that is defamatory or material protected by trade secrets or privacy.
Changing, suspending or terminating the App
You can terminate your App account at any time. If you do so, you must notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ownership and licence of intellectual property
- Google Maps functionality which is made available to you by Google Inc subject to your agreeing to be bound by the Google Maps terms and conditions at:http://google.com/intl/en_us/help/terms_maps.html;
- Google Direction API functionality which is made available to you by Google Inc subject to your agreeing to be bound by the Google Direction API terms and conditions at https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/directions/intro;
- Google Geocode API functionality which is made available to you by Google Inc subject to your agreeing to be bound by the Google Geocode API terms and conditions at https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/geocoding/intro;
- Twilio API for sending SMS functionality which is made available to you by Twilio Inc subject to your agreeing to be bound by the Twilio Terms of Service at https://www.twilio.com/legal/tos.
Your use of such Third Party Content is subject to your compliance with all applicable licence terms (which you acknowledge that you have read and understood). You must not breach, or cause NRC to breach, any such licence terms.
To the extent permitted by law, NRC provides the App “as is” and excludes all warranties and guarantees relating to the App. Without limiting the foregoing NRC does not warrant or guarantee that the App is complete, current, fit for a particular purpose, secure or free from errors, omissions, defects or viruses or that the App will be always available or uninterrupted. NRC does not provide any warranty or guarantee, and excludes any and all liability, in respect of any content or functionality of the App that is provided by a third party, including any Third Party Content or User Content. If any warranty or guarantee implied or conferred by law cannot be excluded, NRC’s liability for breach of that warranty or guarantee is limited (to the extent permitted by law and at NRC’s option), in the case of: (a) goods, to the repair or replacement of the goods, supply of equivalent goods or payment of the cost of the same; and (b) services, to the resupply of the services or payment of the cost of the same.
Limitation of Liability
You use the App at your own risk. You indemnify NRC, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, directors, employees, contractors and agents against all costs, expenses, liabilities and losses suffered by any of them arising out of or in connection with your use of the App, including any claims by made by third parties.
What laws apply