The Risk Assessment functionality allows customers to define the list of questions that would help their employees assess the risks related to an activity prior to commencing.
As part of the Risk Assessment Configurations, customers can:
- Define the list of questions for each activity type and type of answer required (text, picklist or multi-picklist)
- The list of possible answers for each picklist or multi-picklist question and corresponding score
- The risk rating and score range for each activity type
Risk Assessment Configuration
To setup Risk Assessment, click the user icon on the upper right hand corner of the Customer Portal, and select Account Management. Go to the Risk Assessment Configuration tab.
To create a new Risk Assessment record, click the New button and fill in the Name and Status. Note that there can only be one active configuration at a time. Click Save to save the record.
Risk Assessment Questions
- To setup the questions for the Risk Assessment, click the name of the Risk Assessment in the Risk Assessment Configuration tab.
- Under the Risk Assessment Template Questions, click New.
- Select the Activity Type
- Type the question
- Select Status. Only active questions will be displayed to the user prior to commencing the activity.
- Select field type from the following:
- Picklist – this is a multiple choice question and only one answer can be selected. A score can be assigned for each option.
- Multi-picklist – this is a multiple choice question and one or more answers can be selected. A score can be assigned for each option.
- Text – the answer to the question is a free text.
- Click Save to save and exit, or Save & New to save and add more questions
Note: The questions are per activity type. If the same question applies for other activity types, you must enter it again.
Risk Assessment Template Answers
The Risk Assessment Template Answers allows customers to configure the different answers related to the picklist or multi-picklist questions and their corresponding score. To setup:
- In the Risk Assessment Configuration page, select the question
- Under Risk Assessment Template Answers, click New
- Enter the answer value and Risk Score. Note that the higher the risk, the higher the score
- Click Save to save and exit, or Save & New to save and add more answers.
- Repeat for each picklist and multi-picklist question
Risk Assessment Score Ranges
The score range allows customers to define the risk rating (green, amber, red) of the activity based on the answers provided by the employee. The risk rating is determined by summing the score of all the answers and qualifying the rating based on the score range configured. Note that the higher the score, the higher the risk rating.
The score range must be configured for each activity type. To setup:
- Enter the Green Score To value. This is upper range of Green rating. Green rating implicitly starts from 0 to the Green Score To value.
- Enter the Amber Score To value. This is upper range of Amber rating. Amber rating implicitly starts from the Green Score value + 1 to the Amber Score To value.
- Enter the Red Score From value. This must be Amber Score To value + 1
In the example below, Green is any score from 0 to 0, Amber is 1 to 7, and Red is anything from 8 and above.
Filling out the Risk Assessment
Once the template has been configured for the activity type, the questions will appear in the TraXu mobile app. The user will be required to fill out the checklist prior to starting the activity.
Note that having a high risk rating will not prevent the user from starting the activity.
Want to know more?
Get in touch with us to find out more how we can help your business.
For general enquiries:
1300 560 647
For technical support: