The Report Builder is a visual, drag-and-drop tool which you use to create reports and edit existing ones. The report builder is where you choose a report type, report format, and the fields that make up your report.
To launch the report builder, click New Report.
- From the reports tab, click New Report.
- Choose a report type, then click Continue.The report type you choose determines which records are returned and which fields are available in your report.
- The report opens in edit mode, and shows a preview.In edit mode, add and remove fields to your report as columns, group by rows and columns, filter report data, or add a chart. Customise your report until it shows exactly the data that you need.
- To add a column to your report,
- Choose a field from the Add column… picklist.
- Alternatively, expand the Fields pane, then drag a field onto the Columns list or directly onto the report preview. To select multiple fields, press Ctrl (Windows), Cmd (Mac), or Shift when you click.
- To remove a column from your report,
- From the Columns list, find the column you want to remove. Then click .
- Alternatively, from the preview pane, find the column you want to remove. Click | Remove Column.
- To remove all columns from your report, from the Columns list, click | Remove All Columns.Removing a column from your report doesn’t delete the field. If you remove a column, but want it back, add it again.
- To summarize a column in your report,
- From the preview pane, find the column you want to summarize. Click | Summarize.
- Choose how you want to summarize the column: Sum, Average, Max, Min.
- To group records in your report,
- Choose a column from the Add group… picklist under GROUP ROWS.After grouping a row, you can group a column by choosing a column from the Add group… picklist under GROUP COLUMNS. Group up to 2 rows and 2 columns.After grouping records by a date field, you can also customize date granularity. First select the date field you want to group your report by. Then, for Group Date By…, apply a calendar or fiscal period.
- Alternatively, drag a column from the Columns list or from the preview pane onto the GROUP ROWS or GROUP COLUMNS list.
- Alternatively, from the preview pane, find the column you want to group. Click | Group Rows by This Column (or Group Columns by this Column).After adding a group, you can show or hide detail rows, subtotals, and a grand total by clicking the switches at the bottom of the preview pane.
- To ungroup records in your report,
- From the Groups list, find the group you’d like to ungroup and then click .
- Alternatively, drag the group onto the preview pane.
- To ungroup all groups in your report, from the Groups list, click .Unless you drag the group onto the preview pane, removing a group also removes the column from your report. If you still want to show the column, add it back.
- To filter records from your report, click FILTERS.Depending on which report type you chose, your report has between two and four standard filters that are applied by default. Most templates include a Show Me filter and a Date filter. The Show Me filter scopes report results around common groups, like “my activities” or “all activitivies”. The Date filter scopes results around a date field, like “created date” or “closed date”.
- To add a field filter, choose a field from the Add filter… picklist.
- To edit a filter, including standard filters, click the filter.
- To remove a filter, click the on the filter.
- To add a chart, first add at least 1 group, then click Add Chart.A chart appears. To customize the chart, click . Change the chart type, color palette, and more.To show or hide the chart, click .To remove the chart, click Remove Chart.
- Click Save. If you’re creating a brand new report, give it a name. Optionally, give it a description. With access and sharing in mind, save the report in an appropriate folder.
- To view complete report results, click Run.
Want to know more?
Get in touch with us to find out more how we can help your business.
For general enquiries:
1300 560 647
For technical support: